Sunday, April 22, 2018

April 23 2018 Welcome to Careers 8

Welcome to Careers 8!

We will have 2 weeks (this week and one more later on) to focus on the following:


Week 1: 
Communication
Societal Success vs. Personal Happiness - The value of work in our lives, communities, and society
Motivation 
Accountability
Vision/Goals

Week 2 - Reflecting on our preferences and skills helps us identify the steps we need to take to achieve our career goals. My BluePrint.

Today: 

  • Icebreaker Name Game Activities - + Communication (Verbal vs. Non Verbal Activities).
  • Duo Tangs - Cover Pages and Letter of Intro Paragraph 
Sample: 
Dear Ms. Hathorn,
My name is _________ _____________, and I am currently a student at RSS. I am on track to graduate in _________________.
I am interested in (3 interests/hobbies) and am (3 personality traits). I am interested in learning more about _________________ in Careers 8. Finally, if money were not a question, and I could do ANYTHING for a living - I would _______________.

Thank you so much in advance for your time. 
Best,
_________ ____________

  • Closed the class with a viewing of Prince Ea - Everybody Dies But Not Everybody Lives




No comments:

Post a Comment